Hera,

Review : (Essences)SK-II Facial Treatment Essence VS Missha , Hera ,Secret key

10:26:00 PM Unknown 5 Comments

Helo everybody =)

Today i want to compare SK-II Facial treatment essence with other watery essences.

If you wonder what is watery essence , SK-II Facial treatment Essence is a great representative.

This ' Treatment essence' is light weight and almost water-like ,high performance and helps to recuperate skin condition.

Because it is watery , the best way to use it is apply this before other heavier/thicker products.

Cleansing - Toning - Watery essence - essence/serum/ampoule(Which thicker) - Moisturizer


I skip the packaging and ingredients list because SK-II FTE  just too well-known.
This is 330ml bottle with pump , which is the biggest size in counter .
I prefer this because bottle is durable and easy to control amount that i need .

This is how they discovery 'Pitera' (The main ingredients in SK-II Facial treatment essence  )

My thought about SK-II Facial Treatment Essence :
-Almost water-like consistency .It smell like saliva and a bit sour ,it doesn't smell good for me,It is because it contains high percentage fermentation liquid , but don't worry the smell will fade out quickly.
-Fragrance-free
- I get 1 or 2 pump onto cotton pad and pat onto my face and neck .( and repeat 2 times)
 *I found this way work best on me . if you worry it will spend too much of product , you can try   with just one layer .
-It doesn't feel heavy or sticky after apply 3 layer , it create a healthy glow.
-It does good job in clarifying , and even out skin tone
-I can definitely feel  my skin turn 'crystal clear' like what advertisement said (in three weeks)
-It doesn't give much in moisture/hydrate, you will still need to apply hydrating serum afterward if you have dry skin
-Why this essence so special for me  , it is because it helps to balance my combination skin . I have a bother combo skin , my T zone is oily and U zone is dry . I get blackhead forest always  and dry itchy on my cheek. I can feel my skin being 'balance' after i use SK-II facial treatment essence , fewer dry and itchy , and less sebum produce . 
This make my skin having less problem and i like it =)

These is all my thought for SK-II facial treatment essence , I enjoy the process and results , and i will always repurchase ( I didn't use everyday but i always come back to this when feel i need )



Before i start to talk about others essences , i wanna share my favorite cotton pad to apply watery essence or expensive lotion.

I found that using cotton pad to apply essence are convenient and evenly . I wet cotton pad with essence and slowly pat onto my skin , and repeat at least 2 times to achieve best results ( I didn't do this way everyday because this will make my bottle finish up quickly)


Unicharm Silcot Sponge facial cotton 
Make skin amazingly moist with 50 % less lotion

As you see the name ' sponge ' , this cotton doesn't feel cotton , it more like a thin layer of sponge .
It doesn't give silky/soft feeling like others cotton pad when you wipe over your skin , so this sponge are suitable to ' pat' on skin .
Its perfect to use as cotton pad face pack or to apply 'expensive' lotion , because it really need only a tiny bit to wet whole cotton .

 This is the side view of silcot sponge cotton with others cotton . I can tell there are almost 3x thinner than others .

I do a experiment to show how it really spend less lotion , i took 2ml water and spread on different cotton and you can notice the difference ;


These are 3 different type of cotton pad
Left to right
1. Guardian cotton facial square
2. Shiseido facial cotton
3. Unicharm silcot sponge facial cotton

I pump 2 ml water on each cotton , 3rd (silcot ) is almost completely wet with just 2ml .


I put on my arm and silcot sponge cotton able to stay on my skin very well .

And because it is sponge texture , you can always squeeeeeeze out all the remaining lotion in cotton.

If you looking for a cotton pad that able to help you save/spending less expensive lotion , silcot is a great choice , but the downside is it doesn't feel silky soft .




Okie now start off with other watery essences that i wish do comparison with SK-II facial treatment essence .
I would like to call them SK-II essence 'alternative'.
You can pick the one according to your skin needs and budget .


1.Missha Time revolution The First Treatment Essence . 130ml


-Made in korea
-Contains fermented yeast extract 80 %
-Transparent plastic bottle with twist lid
-At the first step of skin care after cleansing
Step : Cleans - The First Treatment Essence - Eye cream -  Lotion - Cream

-Missha essence smell like rice wine for me , ya cooking rice wine
This one .lol . But a lot gentle , no worry it won't make you drunk haha
-Missha gives more moisture , so two layer are enough
-It does soothing , even skin tone , and balance sebum level
-Watery consistency , just a tiny bit thicker than SK-II one 

For me , Missha is more like Robin , Yes the Batman's sidekick  (and of course , SK-II is the batman)
Missha do a good job like what SK-II does, but in mild , slower way .

For example SK-II essence gives 'crystal clear skin' in 3 weeks, missha essence will need to take around 5-6 weeks .


If you looking for cheaper alternative for SK-II essence , Missha First Treatment Essence really worth to try . First the price is a lot cheaper and it gives the 'close to' result too . I use this as a maintain product , as i mention earlier i didn't spend SK-II essence everyday , so i will use Missha essence during the day i didn't use SK-II .



2.Hera Cell Essence -This 15ml mini trial size

-This is my last trial bottle , i got a 5 or 6 bottle of sample when i order something from a korean
 merchant
-Watery consistency ,the color look like barley water
-Smell good and delightful  (in perfumey )
-Gives brighten and even skin tone , i can feel it in two week , my skin is fair and glowing .
-I can feel my pore getting smaller a bit , and skin seem more lively

I like this products , it does a good job but not in the same way with SK-II essence , Hera really brighten up my skin like having a spotlight on top ..lol
I not sure will i repurchase this in future because the scent a bit bothering me , it gives good smell but too intense for me because it doesn't fade right away , and as i layer up other essence and cream , the smell mash up ¯\_(°╭╮°)_/¯ ..



3. Secret key starting treatment essence-150 ml ( Rose edition )

-inexpensive , less than Rm50 including shipping .
-Good glassy and classy packaging , look similar with SK-II essence .
-Give hydration (only )
-I like to layer up to get a good moisture barrier for my skin .Sometime i use this to soak in cotton pad and have a quick 3 minutes mask .
-Mild and natural rose scent
-Contains Galactomyces and others plants extract .
-Alcohol, coloring, fragrance ,paraben free

This is not the best product as an alternative for SK-II essence , because the results are totally different . But it gives hydration and the contains are pure and natural ( you can click on the picture to read full ingredients list) . I still recommend to try since it is cheap ,especially for people who just started spending in skincare and need a lightweight essence .


Thanks for reading
Stay tune for my second episode SK-II essence comparison .

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

  1. which you love better and which is better for anti aging and firming, Missha or Hera? thanks beforehand:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi !
      I have try a few essence from others brand recently (Which is also watery essence ) and i found that sum37 secret essence is great in term of moisturizing, pore minimizing and firming .

      If you wanted to pick up one from either missha or hera , i would choose missha since you're looking for anti aging product and missha provide more moisturizing effect. Hera are more to brighten and 'activate' my skin .

      Hope this help =)
      welcome

      Delete
  2. Gotta agree with you on Missha and Secret Key. Too be honest, I don't get the hype around Secret Key products.

    Have you tried IOPE Bio Essence? The first bottle brightened and clarified my skin but the second bottle gave me subcutaneous acne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , secrectkey products doesn't surprise me much .They have good packaging and inexpensive but didn't give wonderful result.

      I heard lots good review on IOPE Bio essence ,still waiting good deals/discount =)

      Delete